Clinical Epidemiology Concentration
Required elective courses
for this concentration:
- Randomized Controlled Trials (M19-550)
- Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analysis (M19-551)
- 9 additional credits of elective courses with approval from program leadership
The competencies to be demonstrated at the end of the program expand on the overall MPHS and include:
- Achieve competency in designing observational studies, intervention studies and randomized controlled trials to address a clinical population health issue.
- Identify appropriate data sources for exploring a clinical research question and conduct relevant secondary analyses.
- Draw inferences from epidemiologic data to guide practice guidelines. Evaluate quality and comparability of epidemiologic data.
- Articulate considerations for data monitoring, safety and reporting in clinical research studies.
- Evaluate the utility and limitations of biomarkers in clinical practice.
- Synthesize existing evidence for screening, diagnosis and management of disease.
- Analyze and develop studies that compare the benefits, harms and effectiveness of treatment options.